A Passion for Development
The Continuing Education Programme was launched in 1989. It is a lifelong learning programme which runs every term at B.H.S. and its aim is to enable anyone and everyone to continue their education in a meaningful and practical way. More than 110 different short courses are offered per term to the public at night, and on Saturdays. The course categories include: Adult Enrichment (only for over-18s), Educator Enrichment (for teachers), Corporate Training and Learner Enrichment courses for high school students.
The Continuing Education Programme is accessible to everyone, and our focus is not on making money, but rather on making a difference in people’s lives. We aim to provide a service to people, to teach, educate and provide fun and interesting activities that can even lead to people starting their own small businesses, or just inspire them to explore a new hobby or interest.
One of our objectives is to empower the unemployed by enabling them to learn the skills which could improve their chances of finding employment.
These courses encourage adults to explore the benefits of lifelong learning at affordable prices.
We offer life skills courses as well as Revision programmes for learners.
The Matric & Grade 11 Revision Schools have been running for many years.
The aim of this component is to inspire teachers to “feed themselves” in order to remain engaged, motivated and au fait with the latest in education.
Many of our courses are SACE accredited and educators will get CPDT points for attending the courses.
“Bespoke” training at your place of work for small or large groups. This is ideal for staff training sessions at your place of work.
AUGUST - SEPTEMBER ONLINE COURSES
Matric Revision School
Continuing Education Office – Telephone: 021 – 7137999 Cell: 082 409 2195
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.bhs.org.za
1. Courses are run by experienced Grade 12 teachers, many of whom have been external matric examiners (marked the matric final exam papers).
2. The courses are NOT restricted to Bergvliet High School learners. Admission will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
3. All of the courses will be held at Bergvliet High School.
4. Courses will run on Saturdays, 25 July – 22 August 2020.
5. Additional Programmes and enrolment forms are available on our website: www.bhs.org.za under “Continuing Ed” or on the BHS Continuing Education Facebook Page.
6. Should a course be over-subscribed or cancelled, you will be notified and your fee refunded.
7. NO FEES WILL BE REFUNDED SHOULD A PARTICIPANT CANCEL A BOOKING.
8. Please note the dates and starting times carefully.
Parking is available in the school grounds on a first-come, first-served basis and although precautions will be taken to ensure the safety of your vehicle, the School and the C.E.P. will not be held responsible for any loss or damage to vehicles parked in or around the school grounds.
10. Strict Covid safety protocol will be adhered to with social distancing in place, temperatures will be taken on entering the building and sanitising of surfaces between sessions. You will be required to wear a face mask at all times, and bring your own supply of hand sanitiser to sanitise your hands. Please also bring your own refreshments – we will not be supplying tea, coffee or tuckshop facilities due to Covid restrictions.
1. Registration is on an ongoing basis during the school term.
2. Payment can be made with credit/debit cards at the Finance Office of the school up until 21 July 2020: Mondays – Fridays: 08:30 – 15:30 (during the school term), thereafter, registration will need to be made electronically.
3. The Registration Form on the back page contains all our banking details and other relevant information.
4. The closing date for registration is 21 July 2020.
5. For any registration queries, contact Katharine Miles: 082 409 2195 or e-mail: email@example.com
ONLINE COURSES AUGUST – SEPTEMBER
The registration form for the Continuing Education courses is an Adobe PDF document and can be downloaded here 2020. You can print and fill in the form manually or fill in the fields using Adobe Reader, then save and send the file to Kathy. You can download Adobe Reader here for your PC if you do not already have it installed.