HIGH SCHOOL ADMINISTRATOR
Bergvliet High School has an SGB vacancy for a full time Administrator to support various portfolios within the School. The successful candidate MUST have current experience of working in a busy and high pressured School environment.
THIS ROLE WILL SUPPORT MULTIPLE DEPARTMENTS AND CONSEQUENTLY CANDIDATES WHO HAVE NO SCHOOL EXPERIENCE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- A minimum of 3 years current Administrative experience within a High School.
- Minimum matric but a Diploma/Certificate in Office management/similar would be advantageous.
- Excellent interpersonal and multi-tasking skills for rendering services to various departments within the School.
- Own transport and valid Driver’s license
- Working knowledge of WCED protocols pertaining to LSEN.
- Excellent command of the English language both verbal and written.
- Ability to work overtime.
- Excellent and effective communication skills.
- Advanced computer literacy skills in MS Office.
- Relief reception on a busy switchboard.
- Ability to run the Uniform Shop and work with money.
- Administrative support to the Librarian
- Rendering administrative support to the Learner Support Specialist
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to deal amicably with parents and learners under all circumstances.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently.
ONLY candidates who meet the above profile and are currently based at a High School are invited to apply.
- Ability to work under pressure at all times.
- Strong interpersonal skills are a necessity.
- Deadline driven.
- Ability to multi-task due to the multiple reporting structure.
- Maintaining high levels of confidentiality.
- Even tempered, always friendly, people and service orientated, sense of humour.
Applications with a letter of motivation, comprehensive CV, testimonials and 2 contactable referees may be emailed to the HR MANAGER:
CLOSING DATE: 1 FEBRUARY 2017
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Parents (of learners) may apply if they meet the criteria. All foreign applicants must provide a SAQA evaluation certificate as part of their application. If you have not been contacted by 15 March 2017, please assume that your application was unsuccessful. The SGB reserves the right not to appoint an applicant, should the needs of the school change.
Applications from suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply for this SGB Educator post at BERGVLIET HIGH commencing APRIL 2017.
Besides Mathematics, please state clearly which other subjects you can offer.
- Applicants must have a University Degree with Maths, plus a relevant PGCE or similar 4 year qualification
- Extra mural duties – active participation in sporting/cultural and/or service activities will be a requirement. Please state extra mural activities that you can offer.
- Applicants must be SACE registered or be able to show evidence that they have applied for registration.
- Applicants must have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Fully computer literate in Ms Word, Ms Excel, Ms Powerpoint, Outlook and use of the internet.
- Effective learner management skills are essential
- Experience in teaching on interactive whiteboards would be an advantage.
Applications with a comprehensive CV may be emailed to the HR MANAGER:
Closing Date: 29 January 2017
***FOREIGN QUALIFICATIONS MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A SAQA CERTIFICATE***
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted by 15 March 2017, please assume that your application was unsuccessful. The SGB reserves the right not to appoint an applicant, should the needs of the school change.