Social Networking

32facebook.png you_tube_logo.jpg pplogofb.jpg

Business Directory

  

Registered users only

Our History Print E-mail

The school was built in 1955-56 as a High School to serve the population of Bergvliet (an ex-servicemen's township) and the newly developed township of Meadowridge. The Bergvliet Primary School had already been built.

The school's first Grade 8 class of 78 was enrolled in 1957 with Mr P.A.M. van der Spuy as its first Headmaster with two assistant teachers. The buildings were officially opened on 15 March 1957 by Mr Norman Henshilwood who was then the M.E.C. in charge of Education.

Since that time additions to the school buildings have been carried out on four occasions. The learners and parents of the school have, from time to time, assisted materially with fund-raising for such important items as the present Gym Hall, the wrought-iron main gates, the bicycle shed, computer room, the Score Box cum Tea Kiosk, the media centre, the walkway and new foyer, the tuckshop, the equipment for the Hall and the new Technology and Art Centre.

 
Joomla Templates by Joomlashack